Easy Ways To Promote Your Children’s Book
So, how do you promote your children’s book? This is a question most first time authors ask after they’ve finished their book. The problem is, the spent so much time writing they forgot to work on the promotion end. You’ve taken all this time to write and you’re so proud of your book but if no one sees them, knows about them or buys them then you’ve wasted a lot of time.
There are many ways to promote a children’s book that you should take the time to plan out your promotions to make the most of your opportunity to get the word out. Here are some nifty ways that can spread the word and help you promote both your book and you, the author.
- Write A Press Release – This is one of the easiest and best ways to get quick promotion to your book. A press release can shoot to the top of the search engines for the basic keywords you want to rank for and if you continue to promote those keywords you will get noticed by buyers. Their are two ways to actually send out your press release. The first is online through paid means such as PR Web or PrNewswire or through free press release services but beware, free isn’t always better. The second is by sending out a written press release to your local newspapers and getting them to interview you.
- Get Your Book In Your Local library – This is where your audience is at and this is the best way to get it infront of them. While you are there , you can do many other things to get your book noticed. Offer to read to the children. Have a book signing or “happening” which will get the word out about your book.
- Go To Your Local Schools – Talk to the teachers, librarians, guidance counselors as well as the school board and offer to read your book to the students, give a talk about creative writing to the students as well as get the students involved with promoting your book. Ask them to take pictures holding the book and they can be filmed interviewing you about your book.
- Get A Facebook Fanpage Made For Your Book – Facebook pages are great for advertising your book and it’s very easy to engage your readers about you and your book.
- Carry Your Books And Business Cards With You Wherever You Go – This is a no-brainier! You have to be ready to talk about your book to whomever you meet and wherever you meet them. You have to self-advertise on the run to get the word out about your book. This is how to promote your children’s book.
- Find A Local business Who Would Like To Carry Your Book In Their Shop – Give them a 10-15% cut for carrying it and you get the added exposure. It’s a win-win for both of you especially if its a store that you can tie in with the theme of the book.
- Make A Video About Your Book – This is called a book trailer and all you really need to do is shoot a 1-2 minute video explaining about the book. why you wrote it and where they can buy it. Try to include some funny bits in the video because no one wants to see a boring talking head video. Think outside the box and use children and pets if you can because they are popular on the social sites such as FB, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Book promotion can be a daunting task for first time authors but it’s something you have to do if you want to sell your book. You can’t wait for sales you have to be pro-active in your approach
Here’s a book trailer than you can easily copy for some great promotion
Latest posts by A. J. WESTIN (see all)
- Ruth Miskin – How to Teach Children to Write – Oxford School Improvement - July 30, 2015
- Writing Children’s Books:What Should I Write About? - July 30, 2015
- Powerful Techniques That Inspire Your Children’s Fiction Writing - July 29, 2015